Sunday, January 8, 2017

6. barbie fashionista review: polka dot fun


One of the topics this blog will cover is reviews of various Barbie Fashionistas. I really, really love this line for all the variety it provides. The dolls all look so pretty and so distinct and have so much personality. You really can't go wrong! I started out wanting three and currently have seven, and have my eye on several others, as previously discussed. My roommate, restringingorder, has four more, so I will feature hers as well. 

The first Fashionista: Polka Dot Fun! She is part of the Spring 2017 set. I purchased this doll on Aurora's behalf at Kohl's on Black Friday. I have also seen her at Target and Wal-Mart, and she is of course available from Mattel and Amazon if you prefer to shop online. Her typical price is $9.99, though Wal-Mart has her for $7.94.





She comes with a pink necklace that can be removed easily. (I've left hers on since she will be travelling across the country.)


One other great thing about her: she comes with basic white shoes! Given some of the terrible footwear choices a few Fashionistas are making, having a pair of plain white sneakers around can be a blessing.



She has long, long dark hair. Aurora's doll's hair had some dried glue and goop in it when I pulled her out of the box, but just brushing it helped make it look better. I will probably wash it before I send it, too, just to be thorough.



She is one of my absolute favorites of the 2017 line. She has a beautiful face, fantastic hair, and a really great outfit. (And her arms are both straight, which is always a big plus in my book!) I would have bought her, myself, but I didn't have to because...



Restringingorder bought another one on Black Friday, so we already have her around! Here are a few comparison pictures between the two.





Do you have any Fashionistas? Are you thinking about getting any? Are there any of my Fashionistas that you would especially like to see me post a review of? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I think that Sir Mix-a-Lot would approve more of Restringing Order's doll, but the other is the CLEAR winner. :D

    I vote for a full Fashionista review, complete with fashion show of a few standard and vintage Barbie garments to show the difference in wear by body type.

    ReplyDelete