Saturday, January 7, 2017

5. 2017 projects


After the last few months of crafting and collecting, I have a lot of ideas and plans for 2017, including sewing and display projects.



My first project is to set up a studio apartment for Estelle (Blue Brocade). I picked up the paper at Michael's, both on sale. My plan is to use the polka dots for the walls and the pink for the floor. The dresser and shelf unit were both $1 Daiso finds, and the box is from the box of Christmas cards I sent out this year. I'm thinking about turning it into a small bookshelf. I want to make more furniture, too, using some tutorials from MyFroggyStuff




I've been amassing fabric during the last few months, thanks to fabulous sales at Jo-Ann Fabrics and the generiosity of my roommate's mother and her fabric bin. These are all earmarked for Barbie or Ever After High projects. 




More projects for the smaller dolls. I might even make things for the Travel Friends dolls if I feel really inspired.





The first three are fabrics that my roommate and I thought would be great for Cécile and Addy. The one on the right I picked up thinking I might make a winter dress for Mei (Emerson). 





These are all for Youngji or Winifred. The blue velvet is going to become Winifred's winter holidays dress, and the yellow donut print is going to become a hoodie for Youngji. I have a rainbow striped shirt for Winifred that's partially finished, and she can wear that in June for Pride.

I want to make a new bedding set for Youngji, and I might use that bird print, or one of the other bird prints I have collected. (Prints I can't resist when I'm fabric shopping: birds, unicorns, donuts.) We'll see.


My Top 5 2017 Project Goals:

Barbie: I want to create at least one display for them, if not several that I can rotate in and out. I'm really impressed by how much personality the current run of Barbies have, and would love to be able to work with that even further via display setups.

Ever After High: By the end of the year I want to have outfits for each of them and a permanent display. I have a vague idea of a dual courts setup (Apple as the Queen of Ever After, and Lizzie as the Queen of Wonderland, with the other dolls in their respective courts) but I'm not entirely sure of how that will translate into the overall setup designs. Maybe an eternal tea party for the Wonderland set.


Melody: Melody's wardrobe is obviously the one that needs to be fleshed out (or, you know, established) most of all. We do have a pile of fabrics set aside for her, and I have an eye on a couple of OG outfits that suit her really well, and plans to eventually buy her holiday dress and coat from AG. Next time they have a sale. I'm still bummed that my budget didn't allow for me to indulge during this round of sales, because the prices were truly excellent.

Winifred: While Youngji does have some clothes and props, Winifred is lacking in both. I really want to make her some miniature books, and some robes for the Sabbats. She also needs some bedding for her room. I have the fabric, I just haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet.

Youngji: One of my major concepts for Youngji is that she is a K-pop fangirl, and I want to really work on creating props and clothing pieces for her that either show off her love for her groups or are related to clothes that members of the groups have worn. My major goals are for her to have a few GOT7 T-shirts (I would really love to have one with this design for her, but I'm not sure how to go about it), a bomber jacket reminiscent of their Fly era look, and a donut print hoodie like Mark wore during the Just Right era. I would also love to make her an "I ♥ Bambam" shirt (with the design from the sticker in this set). I also really want to make her miniature albums and a miniature photobook (think something like this) and a bird necklace so that she can show her ahgase pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment