Saturday, June 24, 2017

15. display: youngji's bedroom


Winifred's bedroom is my favorite display that I have designed so far, but it couldn't stay intact forever: Youngji needed a turn!

Poor Youngji isn't going to get a birthday celebration this year, but I wanted to set up her room, since I had a lot of plans for it and was really excited about it. Unfortunately work and life got hectic, so I ended up switching the rooms over much later than I would have liked (thus, no birthday pictures). 

As you can see, her aesthetic is a little bit different from Winifred's tranquil purple world...






I found the animal print wrapping paper at the Dollar Tree, and knew immediately that it would be perfect for Youngji! The GOT7 images are little unofficial "photo cards" that Kpoptown includes with albums that you purchase from them. They were just sitting around my room, so I went through the packets and pulled out all the group and/or solo Bambam ones. I'm also letting her use my little Bambam and Yugyeom figurines and pillows. The ones on the end table were fan meeting merch items that I purchased in stores and on eBay last year, and the little plushies were made for me by one of my best friends!

The bedding is available at HilltopRoseCC. I have the reverse side facing out, sadly: the patterned side is so beautiful but the walls are vibrant enough that it would have been a little too much all together!



Youngji is also using the desk and sideboard, although somewhat differently: I have a handful of little figures that I've collected during the last year or so (the Monster High blind bag figures at Target and Ralph's, the little Japanese doll is a cell phone charm from Daiso, and I bought the Sailor Saturn and Pikachu figures at shops in LA's Chinatown and Koreatown, respectively) that she has out and about. She definitely likes cute things!

I used boards from the Dollar Tree for her room, and was one short, so I actually kept up the purple boards from Winifred's room for now. The Dollar Tree boards are actually smaller than the Target boards, so the one on the back wall isn't quite long enough. I figure the purple overlap doesn't clash too much, and I kind of like the "accent wall" effect!



Here's a wide shot of the room! 



I have to say, I really liked how it turned out! The colorful wallpaper makes me smile every time I see it, and the whole room feels really true to the character I've established for her. It's a lot of fun to look at and to photograph.



And of course Youngji likes having her wall full of Bambam pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment