Sunday, July 9, 2017

16. backstory: youngji, the littlest ahgase


One of my favorite characterization elements to play with when it comes to my #4, Youngji Park, is the fact that she is a huge fangirl of K-pop boy group GOT7. I figured it's past time to document how that all came about and ways I've worked it into her story over the last year.




One of my best friends has made me several miniature GOT7 plushies. One day I happened to pick one of them up, look over at Youngji, and realize that they would be the perfect size for her to carry around. The leap from "aww, she'd look cute holding that!" to "hmm, what if she's a GOT7 fan?" was almost immediate.


                        

An important part of being a rabid fan of any music group is, of course, selecting your favorite member. I thought that since she was ten, she would go for one of the youngest GOT7 members, and almost immediately decided that she would be a Bambam devotee. Given that she's Youngji, I figured that she would go full force with her celebrity crush, and it's been a lot of fun portraying that with her.



Since birds have become the GOT7 fandom symbol (GOT7 fans are nicknamed "ahgases", which is Korean for "baby birds", since their official fan club name is iGOT7, and when you say that fast it sounds like ahgase) I've been trying to work that into Youngji's collection here and there. She has a shirt with a bird design, and I just recently traded my roommate the Z smart phone for Gabriela's bird earrings, so that now Youngji can always show off her ahgase status!



                           


I've made her a few pieces of clothing, too: along with her GOT7 shirts, she has an animal print shirt and choker inspired by one of Bambam's looks from 2015! I found the fabric at Michael's last winter, and immediately thought of this outfit. It was actually the first shirt I ever made! My roommate made the choker for me.




As I posted about last time, her bedroom also reflects her GOT7 love in a big way! I had a lot of fun putting together the section on her wall (right above her bed, of course!) with all of the GOT7 pictures.



                       

My favorite tiny fangirl! Do any of your dolls share your interests, or have any strong ones of their own? How do you incorporate that into your collections?

No comments:

Post a Comment