Saturday, June 17, 2017

14. display: winifred's bedroom, part 2


No, the blog isn't dead! I had a lot (a lot) of issues with the Blogger app, and then no time to update once I finally got that sorted out, but now I have several entries ready to go! 

As you may recall, my last update was about Winifred's bedroom. Once I set it up, I ended up making several more changes, so I wanted to do a post about them!






One of the things that really bothered me about the bedroom once I first set it up was not having any walls for it. Since I'm going to be switching out the bedrooms every month (or, honestly, every time I have the energy and inspiration) I didn't want to set up anything permanent, and I wanted it to be something that I could reuse instead of something I would have to make over and over again.

So I ended up adapting a solution I had seen on Mini Mad! I bought some boards from Target and the Dollar Tree, cut down the sides as needed, and then covered them in wrapping paper (also from the Dollar Tree)! That way I can simply switch them in and out depending on whose room it is, and they're thin enough that they are relatively easy to store. 



I also rediscovered a tiny terrarium that I purchased at Michael's a few months ago (for 40% off, so it was a great deal!) and put it on Winifred's desk.



My roommate also let me use a night stand from her collection (I believe she bought it at Jo-Ann? She painted it herself) and the tiny clock (she also painted it herself). I put the tiny tarot book on it so that Winifred could have some bedtime reading, and a small stone for good measure. I got all of the miniature crystals from metaphysical and crystal shops: their tumbled stone prices can range, of course, but you can find some pretty cheap ($1-$2) ones in all sizes.

I'm really pleased with how her room turned out! Is there anything I should explain better? Do you have any other questions? What kind of doll rooms have you set up? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment