Sunday, March 5, 2017

12. outfit review: plaid to be here by our generation


I didn't spend much of my birthday money on doll things this year, but I did buy one thing with it: Our Generation's Plaid to be Here outfit!

I've wanted this for several months now, since I saw a few people buy it for their Melody dolls. Every Melody I've seen wearing it looked absolutely adorable, so I was sure mine would, too.

I had to order it online, since it's never been in stock at our local Target, and it was delivered to the store in less than a week. This was the first Our Generation outfit I had ever purchased, so I was very curious as to what I would think of it when it arrived...




I enjoyed the very pointed "do you have cute dark skinned dolls? Like, say, maybe a certain 1960s era American Girl doll? Because she would look so cute in this outfit..." hint on the back of the package.




I don't plan to ever use the shoes, since they're terrible quality, and I'm not sold on the tights either. My biggest problem was with the sweater: there's so much extra fabric underneath that it doesn't sit well on Melody at all, making it look bunched and overly padded. My roommate offered to cut some of it out for me, which is helpful, but all the same I wish it hadn't been an issue at all. 

Between this and the shoes, I'm still going to raise my eyebrows every time I read comments about Our Generation clothes being on par with American Girl's, but I still love the look of the outfit and the skirt is fantastic.




And even with the sweater's issue, the outfit looks cute as anything on Melody!

No comments:

Post a Comment